Date: Time: 2016:
Venue: Community Essence, 51-53 Castle St, Stockport SK3 9AD
Hearing distressing voices is one of the most common experiences of people diagnosed with a psychotic disorder. However it is a common human experience and there are many people who live well with their voices or have learnt to do so.
This one-day seminar has been designed to provide a safe space for voice hearers, family members and practitioners to explore and better understand the experience of hearing voices and discover how voice hearers can live well with this experience.
- Better understanding of hearing voices and what it is like for voice hearers
- Understand the different beliefs and perspectives used by voice hearers to explain their experience including spiritual and cultural understandings
- Understand the different and effective ways of coping with voices both in the short and long term
- Discover ways of exploring voices for yourself or for someone you know or work with
- Discover the different ways that people can learn to live well with their voices
The workshop will encourage participation and interaction, recognising that we are all experts.
We will use exercises, simulations, have discussions and learn from each other.
Eleanor Gilbert naturally hears voices, she sees and she feels and is termed an Empath. She has over 25 years of expertise in influencing and inspiring others in many countries. She believes we all have the capacity to be spiritually sensitive. Eleanor is an International Teacher/Trainer, social entrepreneur and a member of the Hearing Voices Movement. Eleanor is also the Founder of Community Essence, a community based learning Centre and meeting place for people of all ages, backgrounds and ethnicities in Stockport.
Paul Baker has worked with people who hear voices for over 30 years. He was one of the founding members of the Hearing Voices Network in England and is currently the social media coordinator of INTERVOICE, the influential coordinating body for the international hearing voices movement. Paul has published books, chapters and articles on hearing voices health & recovery, and has extensive experience as an international trainer.
Cost: Voice Hearers and Family Members £20.00: Workers £30.00: Worker accompanied by Voice Hearer £50.00:
To book a place go to